Monday, December 28, 2009


I've been reading Jeanne Carbonetti's book "The Tao of Watercolor". It has so inspired me and I'm going to do more of this type of painting.
To begin I added color to the wet paper, leaving an area of white dry, that became my vase. After that layer dried I wet the paper again and added the red, yellow and blue. I let that layer dry and then wet the blossoms and dropped in some centers. I looked at it for a couple of days before I took the next step, then I added the leaves on the right side to cover the fact that the vase was off balance. Looked at it a few days more and decided I didn't like that long leaf, so added some dark blue to the edge of the vase and under the smaller leaves. It was looking better, but still needed something more. I then added some purple under the orange flower and yellow under the blue/purple flowers and down the left side of the vase. Let it dry and looked somemore . Today I added a few touches, like stems and the base and shadow. It was done and I'm really pleased with it. The size is 11 x 14. Title: Flowers in a Glass Vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment